Why Choose Burgess Civil Company?
Burgess Civil Company Team Members are the basis for the company’s success. As a result, we offer Team Members the opportunity to perfect their skills and grow within our company, from on the job training to supplying the latest technology in equipment and software, Burgess Civil Company is dedicated in providing our Team Members all the tools needed to be successful.
Burgess Civil Company Benefits:
After 90 days of employment all Team Members will receive the following paid holidays.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
After the 90 days of employment Team Members will accrued 1.54 hours of PTO per worked week up to 80 hours per year.
Some terms and conditions apply.
After 60 Days Team Members will be eligible for our health insurance coverage plan. Burgess Civil Company pays 50% of the offered health plan.
Additional benefits including disability, life insurance, dental, and vision are available with Team Member contributions.
Eligibility for 401k with company match.
Bonuses are paid to all eligible Team Members on an annual basis once certain criteria are met within Burgess Civil Company.
Employment terms are subject to change.
BURGESS CIVIL COMPANY IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
As the chief accountant for a company, the controller oversees the work of the company’s accounts receivable and accounts payable departments. The construction controller is in charge of creating accurate job-cost accounting reports, participating in audits and preparing reports for regulators. Additionally, the controller is responsible for ensuring the company complies with financial reporting rules and laws. They’re also needed for budgeting and monitoring annual performance in relation to the annual budget.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree Accounting required
- Advanced degree, like masters or doctorate in auditing, financial accounting, cost accounting, financial management etc. is preferred.
- Certification in public accountancy-preferred but no required.
- 5 years of experience minimum
- Knowledge of the construction industry preferred but not required
HEAVY EQUIPMENT TRANSPORT DRIVER
- Must have a valid CDL license with minimum 3 years of verified experience in heavy construction equipment transport.
- Clean MVR for the past 5 years.
- Ability to operate construction equipment preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends.
- This is a local job only. No traveling required.